About | Statistics
Georgia Governor’s Office for Children and Families
- Atlanta was named by the FBI as one of 14 US cities with the highest rate of children used in prostitution
- In Georgia, 12,400 men purchase sex with young women in a given month; more than 27,000 men purchase sex with young women in Georgia more than once per year.
- Approximately 100 adolescent females are sexually exploited each night in Georgia
- In Georgia, adolescent females controlled by the child sex trafficking trade are sexually exploited by an adult male on an average of three times per night.
- 42% of men who buy sex either seek out young girls, or are willing to disregard all signs that the woman they are about to have sex with is an adolescent
Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Federal law enforcement task forces opened 2,515 investigations into suspected human trafficking incidents between January 2008 and June 2010
- of these investigations, 8 in 10 were classified as sex trafficking
- 82.1% of victims in sex trafficking incidents were identified as US citizens
- 40.4% of all suspected trafficking incidents were child-related and classified as “prostitution or sexual exploitation of a child”